Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yesterday was my birthday.

Aside from being exhausted yesterday, having to work, and being sick this morning, I had a very average birthday. That's not to say that it wasn't great. I'm just coming to a realization that birthdays are just another day as we grow older and have to be adults. All I asked for, because my family wouldn't let me say "nothing", for my birthday were gift cards to Target to help out with things in my apartment. And boy did I get them! I also picked up a bunch of beads and craft supplies to start making jewelery  for my shop. If I find my camera, perhaps I will start posting pictures and the like. Right now, since I have all my stuff in my room, everything seems crowded. But soon, I will be getting a bike rack and some pretty accessories for Christopher, and he will hang on my wall over my bed. And then there are the little things, the unexpected treats we get from our friends. When it almost wasn't my birthday anymore, Elsbeth comes over and brings me a slice of my favorite cake. She's the best. Becoming an adult just means that you remember to be thankful for the little things that you took for granted when you were a kid, and instead of being greedy and asking for everything in the world, it's quality time you wish to spend with others, instead of their money.

1 comment:

  1. "becoming an adult just means that you remember to be thankful for the little things that you took for granted when you were a kid, and instead of being greedy and asking for everything in the world, it's quality time you wish to spend with others, instead of their money."
    love looking at it that way.

    ReplyDelete